CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 19, 2009

My number one love

Yes it could be strange but Paul, John, George, and Ringo have always had my heart since I was younger.  AND I wasn't even a thought when they were an original hit!

Why? I've never been able to pin point it.  But I think it has to with they were kids writing and playing their music about whatever they wanted.  They were real talent and had actual views on the world or love or life.  And it all turned out to be beautiful and sometimes ugly mass chaos.  We are even reminded that wanted to come to America and when the played Ed Sullivan it was a true Holy Sh%(* moment.  What I would give to have been around back then.

Now here's the thing, criticize me all you want.  I know that this year has been a big year for The Beatles.  With Rock Band, 40th anniversary, etc...  And it seems like everywhere you look today it's a screen printed Beatles tee or a peace sign bracelet or purse.  Every store is doing it.  And I just wanna say that I have been wearing these things since I was a teenager. (Granted it wasn't that long ago) But now when I see a 14 year old with a tye-dyed peace sign shirt on texting her friend standing right next to her about the "Jo Bros" drinking a coffee cooler I simply want to scream!  How did all this become mainstream again when these kids wouldn't even be able to name a Beatles album ever relased?

I became this way thanks to my father.  He was and is always playing KQRS ( A classic rock station in MN) I used to HATE it.  But after hearing  it every day and listening to my dad tell me stories of the 70's I became interested and learned to fall in love with it, especially my 4 boys.

Whew, I feel better now!  I wanted to wrote this because I've been seeing the most exciting preview on TV for the past couple of days.  On 11/25/2009 at 9pm on the History Channel they are airing The Beatles recoding in Abbey Road studios for the first time ever.  Clips that no one has ever seen before.  So this should be a stellar hour.  I know... It's Wednesday before Thanksgiving.  Just DVR it and watch it in the morning!  I can gaurantee you will not be disappointed!

"You say you got a real solution, Well you know...  We'd all love to see the plan."

0 comments: