CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Christmas Wishes

I got to some serious deep thinking last night. I was remembering Christmas' in the past and how much I wanted that new shirt from American eagle, or an IPod, or the Justin Timberlake DVD. I was the world’s biggest present counter the more the merrier to me was how I always saw it. Don't mistake for being greedy though, because I also loved and still love to give. It makes me so happy to see someone open a gift and be pleasantly surprised about it especially when it comes from the heart with a lot meaning behind it.


A couple weeks ago family members and my boyfriend were asking me what I wanted this year and there was honestly nothing that I really wanted. My response to all this was I don't know, nothing special really. Like my mom said, "Wow Katie, that is so unlike you." I guess maybe I hit my max at the things I want.

But last night if you were to ask me what I want for Christmas this year I could tell you there is only one thing I want. That is for a beautiful little newborn baby to be healthy and okay. His name is Jake he is beautiful. He is my best friend’s nephew just born. He is very sick, and from what I have gathered Doctor's don't seem optimistic. There are many people out there praying for him and hoping and believing that he will pull through. I want everyone to pray and hope he will fight and make it. The family waiting to take him home and hold him and play with him are truly amazing. They care so much for each other, are each other’s biggest supports. And they come together like a brick wall when it's needed. I know they won't lose hope neither will friends. I just wish this one gift would be answered. It would make many people have the brightest holiday this year.

It's just not fair that a family so deserving of a beautiful, precious new life have to go through this situation. They are so deserving of this little miracle. And then you see other people in this world that stop caring for their newborns or simply don't want them. This makes me ill. I know and am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason. Sometimes I doubt this phrase because I can't make sense of why some things can happen like this. But in the end there is a reason. I don't know the reason this has happened again it's not fair. Maybe it's a way of proving how strong baby Jake is and what an amazing family he has. Only time will tell.

So for those of you out there who have taken a few moments to read this. Please say a little prayer for baby Jake and make it part of your Christmas wish for him to pull through and be held in the arms of his entire loving family and friends. Thank you!

1 comments:

Erin said...

This is wonderful, Katie. :-) He is such a beautiful baby boy and is loved by so many people! The family is very lucky to have you as a friend!