CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 7, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

I mark it offical and true the holiday season is right around the corner and going to jump on us before we even know it!  This weekend was sad but happy in many ways.

My friends sisters baby passed away on Friday evening.  Jakob went peacefully in his mothers arms with love for him all over the room and throughout this world.  The Talus' and Atwell's now have their little Angel watching over them and guiding them throughout this place called life.  He is a BEAUTIFUL baby and has the most amazing parents and family anyone could ever look for.  I pray about him still and I think I always will.  With all of the things they have been through this past week and be being asked to pray for this little boy it really made me open my eyes and see how much can be done with the power of a prayer and with so many of them.  I've always believed in God and prayer, but I think sometimes we take this for granted and then start praying when we need to.  I know He always will listen to us and hear our prayers, but I think sometimes I need to remember to pray more than I should.  Just take a moment and think about it...

This weekend also brought on happy moments for me as well.  I decorated my first REAL Christmas tree!  I have always had a fake one with my mom and dad.  After a couple years it always ends up looking like a Charlie Brown tree.  But this year being with Geoff, he always has a real one.  How do I feel about it? I am simply in love!  The tree itself in giantic!  And it's not bare where you can see the center of it! And its soft!  I sat on the couch and petted the dang thing for almost 2 hours!  It just made me happy staring at in and being in the best company I could ask for!


Here's the monster!  The picture isn't that great given it was taken from my phone, but the tree is over 8 feet tall!  And it makes me happy!!














I did good deeds on Saturday and would give my spare change away to those ringing the salvation army bells.  Like one of them said to me. "Every little bit helps."  So very true.  There was Christmas music on the radio that made me happy, thankful and tearful.  I believe that this Christmas, I just want to do good and give.  I don't care about anything I get, I don't even want anything.  Except health and happiness for those I love.

Let the countdown begin! 18 days!   I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season, filled with memories and moments that you share with loved ones.  Please don't forget to say a little prayer for baby Jake and his family.  I believe they still need it.

0 comments: